Hello everyone. Hope you are doing good? It’s been a while seen I made An Asian dish. I decided to rectify that. I rarely cook with beef this way as I always prefer to use beef for steaks or soups and stews. But today I decided to do something different.
One thing about this dish is that it is unique, in terms of the name and the ingredients. I was really excited as I had all the ingredients at home. One thing I have grown accustomed to is buying spices, oils sauces etc. It helps me create dishes using homemade method. This dish is something you dont want to miss.
Let’s get started shall we 🙂
- Sliced beef
- 1 clove of Garlic
- 2 tablespoons of fresh Ginger
- 2 tablespoon of Corn flour
- 2 tablespoons of Vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon of Sesame oil
- 1/2 a cup of Soy sauce
- 1 cup of Water
- 3 tablespoons of Brown sugar (substitute with honey) the original recipe calls for 3/4 of a cup, that is way too much)
- 1 tablespoon of Hoisin sauce
- 1/2 a tablespoon of Black pepper
- 1/2 a tablespoon of White pepper
- Frying pan or a wide sauce pan
Prep time: 10 minutes
Marinade time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour: 40 minutes
Clean the beef.
Next season with black pepper and white pepper.
Next Add the beef and let it brown in each side for 2 minutes.
Next mix up all the other ingredients to make the sauce, except the ginger and garlic and peppers.
Next heat up the sesame oil, add the ginger and garlic, fry for 1 minute.
After 12 minutes, add the peppers. In the original method/recipe there is no mixed peppers, but I like my meals colourful 😀
It is ready!
Enjoy with either Jasmine rice or just normal plain rice. Yum. Plate up
I’ll see you all in my next post
Love Duchess O