Hello everyone. I hope you are all doing good? So I am here do to a very quick post. This recipe can be rustled up in no time. You don’t need to spend ages in the kitchen. Just make sure you have all the ingredients to hand and you are good to go.
Sweet chilli is a delicious dip that goes with almost any type of meat (chicken, beef, fish etc) and also used to eat spring rolls and skewed chicken.
Today I am using chicken thighs and drumsticks . Its one of the second part of the chicken that is meaty. I however removed the skin after grilling to cut down on the oil.
Ok let’s get started shall we
- 6-8 pieces of chicken thigh or drumstick
- 1 cup of Sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons of grated Ginger
- 2 cloves of grated Garlic
- 1 medium sized White onions
- 3 tablespoon of Corn starch
- 2 tablespoons of water (to mix the corn starch with)
- Mixed peppers
- 1/2 a juice of Lemon ( very important!)
- Black or white pepper
- Sesame oil or groundnut oil (or just use plain veg oil)
- Baking tray
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
Clean the chicken.
Next season with salt and black pepper
Grill in the oven for 40 minutes
In the mean time, start boiling your rice of choice (Jasmine, Basmati or plain rice)
After 40 minutes:
Remove the chicken from the oven.
Next, Mix the sweet chilli, soy sauce, lemon together and set aside
In a wok or large frying pan. Heat up 1 tablespoon of oil (vegetable, peanut,olive oil or sesame oil.
Allow to simmer for 3 minutes (you can make it 5 0r 7 minutes) but I prefer crunchy peppers (it’s got loads of vitamin c)
Serve with your cooked rice. Easy peasy!
Love duchess O